Total Pageviews

Monday 28 February 2011

The One With The Bucket List!


A friend recently introduced me to this concept. It is something I have always done mentally, but never really had a name for it!

I wonder where the name comes from - after some thought I am presuming it stems from the phrase 'kicking the bucket' - would make sense, a list of things to do before you die!

Sounds a little depressing when you put it like that!

But as with everything, the glass is either half full or half empty, and by the end of my days I want this bucket to be FULL, overflowing!

So what I have done so far??

Well, I have found my man, got married, had my 2 beautiful kids, have a house and have made the huge leap to travel.

That's a good start!

I have spent time studying but for many reasons, still do not have my degree - that's a must for me!

So the places I have been:

Well the UK obviously, England, Scotland and Wales - still need to do Ireland!

We went to the Maldives for our honeymoon, what a surreal and magical place that is. tiny little islands dotted about in the clearest ocean, with sand that feels like custard powder, pure magic! And the fishing, WOW! I managed to put them all to shame! :-)

We have done Mexico, where I finally got my dream of swimming with dolphins in an ocean sanctuary, this was a perfect slice of heaven for me! Oh and Paragliding, now THAT was awesome!

Dominican Republic, this was nice, but I am not sure I would go again. Although watching Jason swim with sharks was somewhat amusing!

The UAE, one of THE most memorable trips of my life!!!

Italy, well I went here as a teenager on a school trip, I would love to go back and see it as an adult and enjoy it from a completely different angle!

Spain, the Costa Brava!!! This was my first ever proper holiday abroad! I went when I was 17 with my boyfriend, mmmm memories!!!!

Majorca, I think most Brits have been here at some point. A wonderful Island ranging form the tacky to the rich!! A great place to go for a little R and R, that's not too far from the UK!

And of course, Saudi Arabia. Now this is a place that not many can add to their list! Being here I feel I have seen a little secret part of the world that only a few are blessed to see!

So what to do next, well I have many many things that I still want to do!! Some may not be possible, but I shall do my best to do them at some point in my life, I would love to see the capital city of every country in the world, I know this will most likely not happen, but I shall see as many of them as I can!

So things to see:

Australia, all the obvious things, great barrier reef, Sydney Harbour etc etc
USA - Here I would LOVE to travel round in an RV for a few months, see it all!
New York at Christmas time, every time I see a Film that has New York at Christmas, those trees bring tears to my eyes!
The Amazon Rain forest - WOW!!!!
Madagascar - WOW, again!
Mauritius - I had originally always wanted my honeymoon here, I remember doing a project on it when I was a kid, I was amazed by the place!
South Africa - Here, I want to see Great Whites, the Big Five and everything else this place has to offer!
Hong Kong - An absolute must!
Drive across Europe - this is a journey I have completely planned, drive from the Middle East back to the UK, that would be epic! Including Jordan, Syria, Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Austria, Germany, France!
Thailand - if nothing else from here, the tranquil beaches, islands and ocean!
The Great Wall of China - what an amazing site that would be!
Lapland - The pure magic of this type of trip, especially with the kids being young!
Aurora Borealis - The world at it's most beautiful!
Hawaii - if things go to plan this is where I would retire to, live in a little wooden shack on the beach, where I never have to brush my hair and be the funny little English Psychologist that everyone comes to for therapy!!!!! :-) but more seriously, this would be the perfect place for us to retire, the weather, the views and the ocean!

There's probably many, many more places that I have in mind, and places that I don't have in mind but would revel in the opportunity to see!

As for things to do!!!! :

Publish my own book
Parachuting
Swim with Dolphins in the wild
Volunteer work in Africa
Get my Psychology Degree
Walk in the foothills of the Himalayas
Ride in a Helicopter
Ride a Camel
Ride an Elephant


but most of all, find peace and happiness!

This last one is possibly one of the most difficult things to find in life, we spend our entire time striving for this one thing, this is the journey I am on, and out of all the things on the list, this is the one I most hope to achieve for it is not superficial, it cannot be bought with money and no plane can take me there. It comes from within and comes from those around me, My husband and my 2 beautiful children, who get me one step closer to achieving this goal every day, and as we all see these other things together in life, we shall all find the peace and happiness that we look for!

My wonderful family, all of you, this is for you!
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I am sure you are well on your way to that last one on your list! Alhamdulillah! =) and guess what! I have ridden a Camel and Elephant and been to the Himalayas! =D how cool is that! =P
    Ahem a note about Elephants, they may look bald, but they are not! and their rare needle like hair are exactly that! needle like!!! OUCH!!! so make sure you have a razor at hand =D and a quilt to put on a Camel too. Their shaggy carpet itches like MAD!!

    ReplyDelete